Walk with a Doc is a fun and FREE community walking initiative.
During the walk, participants spend a few minutes learning about a current health topic from a Doctor, Nurse, or health provider then enjoy a relaxed and fun walk at their own pace and distance with the ‘Doc’ and other walkers.
With an aim of making physical activity opportunities accessible to all, Walk with a Doc offers a simple, sustainable population health solution. Healthcare providers ditch their white coats in favor of a ball cap and sneakers reducing the patient/doctor barriers found in hospitals and health centers. There’s laughter, education, and communication on a level that is altering the healthcare landscape.
Walking for as little as 30 minutes a day can have the following health benefits:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well-being
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
Wellness for Greatness has partnered with Walk with a Doc to open Walk with a Doc chapters across Kenya.